Budja offers excellent employment conditions, including salary packaging, in a busy and friendly clinical team environment. With demand for our clinical services continuing to rise, Budja will be seeking to increase its GP and support services to five days a week in 2019.
For 2019 and beyond, Budja has vacancies for:
- Locum GPs – for Tuesday to Friday sessions 8.30 am to 4.30 pm – to end December 2018. No after hours, hospital or weekend duties. Travel allowance and accommodation provided.
- GPs – if you have your Fellowship and are registered with AHPRA and interested in a permanent 12 month contract position, please also contact Budja.
- Registered Nurses – AHPRA registered – for permanent or casual or relief work up to four days a week (flexible) – Tuesdays to Fridays
- Men and Women Aboriginal Health Workers – Experienced AHWs
Positions are only open to applicants with Australian residency status.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please contact our Practice Manager and/or send your current CV, together with a copy of your qualifications and AHPRA certificates and full details of two current referees to:
Aboriginal Health Worker.
Budja Budja Aboriginal Co-operative
.6-.8 EFT 12months fixed term with potential of ongoing employment
Payment as per – Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award/ negotiable
Relocation expenses up to $500 and 6 month housing rental subsidy available
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Budja Budja was established in 1999 to address the specific medical needs of the indigenous communities in Halls Gap and the surrounding areas. The organisation has expanded steadily over years to provide a comprehensive range of medical, dental and social services for our community.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The primary function of this position is to work within the clinical team to provide high quality services including assessment, examination, and treatment and case management, along with contributing to the development of models of holistic health incorporating continuity of care.
The aboriginal health worker works within a clinical team environment with the aim of improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the provision of comprehensive and culturally valid primary health care services.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide culturally appropriate health care to meet the needs of the community
- Safely undertake a range of clinical assessments, test and procedures as a member of the primary health care team.
- Contribute to the effective management of the patient’s care plan, including participating in patient care
- Liaise with key stake holder, community and local indigenous groups
- Maintaining health records and statistics
- Acting as an advocate for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait community they serve
- Referring clients to other health care providers where necessary
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Understanding of and Commitment to the Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated ability to provide follow-up care services for clients and families who are identified as being at risk and / or have a chronic condition
- Sound knowledge of health issues which influence the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health and wellbeing outcomes
- Self-motivated with capacity to manage own workload with limited supervision
- Demonstrated competence in use of Business Technology, internet and desktop applications
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIRNCE, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Aboriginal Health Work or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Registered with AHPRA
- Working With Children
- National Police Check
- Victorian Driver’s License
Applications close 5 pm Friday 16th Oct 2020.
Assistance with relocation expenses and short term rental assistance may be available to approved applicants.
For further information please Contact Dianne Martin and send resumes to: