The aim of the Budja Budja Men’s Group is to assist to build healthy and supportive relationships within our Community and Families.
Regular activities are centered around cultural reconnection and heritage, ‘Yarn-Up’ sessions, as well as establishing mentors and role models for our Community.
Health issues revolve around smoking, healthy eating and living and diabetes management.
Email for more information: email@example.com
As an Aboriginal Man, I will abide by the Lore’s of Men’s Business. These Lores are drawn from the wisdom of my ancestors and spirits that created them. These Lores are put in place for my spiritual development. If you regard these Lores as stupid, then do not take part in them.
As an individual, I will live by the 12 counsel of Lore for Men’s Business:
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will have respect for myself and who I am in relation to everyone and everything in the universe.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will not let my judgements become clouded by self-pride, pity or material wealth.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I realise that my family is the greatest wealth that I shall ever possess.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will protect and provide for my family as they are my sole source of strength.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I shall be honest and loyal in all my dealings with others
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will accord your life and your choices in life with respect and in kike manner expect no less in return.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I shall not get too much involved in living so that my will becomes it’s slave and I neglect my own spiritual development.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will treat my body wisely, abstaining from all harmful things.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I shall accept that the passage through life will not always be smooth.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will stand my ground in times of trouble and stresses, for these are the tests that shape my life.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I take full responsibility for all my actions and the effects that they might have on others.
- As an Aboriginal Man, I will not shirk my responsibilities and duties to others.